BUCOVINA PHOTO TOUR
LANDSCAPE PHOTO TOUR/WORKSHOP IN BUCOVINA , ROMANIA
Bucovina Photo Tour is being held in a region nestled in the rolling hills of northern Moldova. Bucovina is home to one of the world’s greatest art treasures: the UNESCO World heritage sites of the Painted Monasteries of Bucovina. Built in the 15th and 16th centuries and featuring colorful exterior frescoes depicting dramatic religious scenes, these richly decorated houses of worships are unique in the world.
Northeastern Romania – between the Carpathian Mountains and the Prut River. Bucovina is situated in the northern part of the region of Moldova, bordering with Ukraine. Note: The region of Moldova (often referred to in the Western press as Moldavia) is not to be confused with the Republic of Moldova, its eastern neighbor
Bucovina lies in the famous Carpathian Mountains and landscapes, history and traditions, Bucovina is bursting at the seams with treats to tempt the curious photographers and travellers. Its natural history, world heritage sites and historical monuments, quaint towns, traditional cuisine or simply relaxing in one of Romania’s most charming and peaceful regions, Bucovina offers amazing opportunities to photographers like us.
Bucovina Photo Tour Tuition includes :
- Accommodation for 3 nights in shared double room. Single room occupancy is available upon request. Please ask for single-supplement cost.
- 3 meals/day (lunch and dinner)
- Transportation between shooting locations and our hotel
- Landscape and nature photography expert guide
- One to One Guidance & Group Guidance, field instructions
- Image reviews and image discussions
- Photoshop ‘digital darkroom’techniques, post process demonstrations
- Extensive notes
Tuition do not include :
- Medical insurance
- International transport to workshop area
- Transfers from/to airport to/from workshop location
- Visa related costs
- Personal expenses like souvenirs, bar beverages, laundry, insurance (travel, medical, cancellation, which are all recommended)
Except your camera, the below items are not mandatory but it is for your good and benefit if you consider them as a must. We strongly suggest to bring tripod for low light conditions and long exposure photos.
- Digital SLR camera
- Tripod (Preferably a stable one)
- Neutral density graduated filters (if you have any)
- A notebook or ipad for file transfers, photography reviews and for your own post processing
- Hat, suitable shoes for trekking/walking & rainproof coat
If you have one, it would be very useful to bring your notebook (or iPad, tablet) to transfer the photos you shoot during the day and help you to select your best shots for the image discussions we will have in the evenings. Also, in demonstrations of post processing you can benefit following the step by step presentations.
Moderate physical activities required. We will walking/trekking uneven terrain in the countryside. Its useful to have comfortable trekking shoes and wind jacket.
The major languages during the workshop will be English.
Although this represents the photographic workshop’s planned itinerary, it is subject to change at the discretion of the tour leaders or due to adverse weather conditions.